When you want to describe a person, place, thing, emotion, thought through an essay, you use a descriptive essay. Essays are short pieces of writing used to describe one’s experience. Students of English, learn to write descriptive English to be able to express themselves. As their line of work and writing goals, students can reach the heights of their careers with the skills to write descriptive essays. Let’s look into this guest post to know more about descriptive essays.
The word Essay is derived from the Latin word ‘exagium’ which means to express oneself. Thus, essays are short pieces of writings that are used by the writer to represent their side of the story. Essays are personalized in nature. There are four types of essay that is Narrative, Descriptive, Expository, and Persuasive essays. Essays can be formal and informal. Professional writers like BookMyEssay provide academic writing support for all types of essays specially Descriptive Essay Writing Help. Formal essays are academic in nature while informal essays are more personalized.
Here, the writer paints the picture of a place, memory, person, thing through its words. It’s not just a plain description. One of the ways to describe things is by evoking the senses of the reader. A sign of a descriptive essay written well is it evokes the feelings and emotions of the reader. While learning English, during degree years, students can depend on BookMyEssay to get Essay Help Online.
Descriptive essays are vivid descriptions of a particular subject. Descriptive writing can be in the form of books, newspaper articles, accounts of an event, research papers, travelogues or memoirs, etc. They make the reader sense, feel, read a particular event from the writer’s perspective.
Importance of Descriptive Essay
The writers give better information regarding the subject using figurative language and concrete details in a descriptive essay. Be it a historical drama, geographical location, or piece of art, a descriptive essay gives the reader a better idea and a clear picture in mind. This essay is useful to the writer too as it gives a sense for writing. They learn to write on subjects for research papers, book narratives, newspapers in incidences. Even students of English literature are benefitted from this essay writing style. Furthermore, they can always ask BookMyEssay experts for descriptive essay writing help.
Steps To Write A Descriptive Essay
For the descriptive essays to go along well they should be based on facts rather than opinions. They should be descriptive with the usage of sensory language. Below, are given some of the steps by step tips to write a descriptive essay:
1. Choosing A Specific Topic: First and foremost find the purpose of writing a descriptive essay. Summarise the main idea of the essay. In such essays, the main idea or the thesis statement is more about pointing towards the information that will impress the human mind rather than your personal point of view.
2. Compile Information: Now, being descriptive in nature these essays contain detailed information regarding name, place, physical info, background knowledge, sensory points, etc. This information regarding an event or subject has to be collected and categorized into specific groups so that you can pull them and use them whenever needed. Experts at BookMyEssay keep detailed records for various events and use them in descriptive essays to provide Descriptive Essay Writing Help to students.
3. Make An Outline: Group your story and data into steps or the way they will enter the descriptive essay.
4. Introductory Paragraph: Writing an introductory paragraph will guide the readers through the essay. You can start the paragraph with a question or a bold statement. Keep the thesis question at the end of the introduction para.
5. Write Body of the Essay: The paragraph should begin with a language that hooks the reader for the rest of the essay. It should grab their attention and tell them what to expect from the essay. Be specific in your guidance as vogue ideas set the interest off the reader.
6. Conclusion Paragraph: Use this para to reiterate what you said in the beginning and take up the key points from the body parts. Do not use this para to install a new idea. If you think some points are still left then construct a new para. Conclusions are for outcomes of the experience of the event told in the essay. BookMyEssay experts are well versed in delivering descriptive essays which are well structured, plagiarism-free. Students get Essay Help Online just by calling or logging on to their site.
Wrapping It Up
Descriptive essays require you to go into the deep knowledge of the topic. Learning to write them and then using them to make a career requires hard work. To support the endeavor of students, experts at BookMyEssay are always there.