Jasmine oil is an essential oil that is derived from the common jasmine plant. Jasmine has been famous for centuries for its sweet, romantic aroma. It has been extensively used in some of the most delicate perfumes. It is also a common ingredient in alcohol, sweets, and desserts. Jasmine oil also has many health benefits. Jasmine extract also provides many benefits to our skin. It is hence used as a common ingredient in many moisturizing face wash and face creams.
Benefits Of Using Jasmine Oil On Our Skin:
- Natural moisturizer: moisturizing is probably the most crucial step for our skincare routine. Jasmine oil acts as an emollient when applied to the skin. It means that it helps lock in moisture. For people who suffer from dry skin, using a natural emollient such as jasmine oil can do wonders to your skin.
- Antiseptic: jasmine also acts as a natural antiseptic for the skin. Jasmine essential oil can help fight bacteria and fungi with its antiseptic properties. This eventually helps reduce acne. This is mainly due to benzoic acid and benzyl benzoate, which are powerful acne fighters.
- Anti-ageing: the use of jasmine oil even helps prevent premature ageing of the skin. Apply a few drops of jasmine oil before bed on your skin and massage in an upward motion. Its usage tightens the skin and provides a smooth texture to your skin. It helps promote collagen in the skin, which reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Heals scars: The use of jasmine oil can also remove scars and marks on the skin. It also helps reduce stretch marks, cellulite, and acne marks. Jasmine oil is known for being a natural cicatrisant. It targets the scars on the skin and helps reduce them gradually.
- Improves complexion: Jasmine oil can also substitute a face primer or can be mixed with a foundation. This helps provide an even tone and a balanced look of the skin. The makeup does not look cakey and is subtle. When applied to the skin, it helps remove blemishes and lightens the skin tone providing an evenness.
- Prevents dandruff: as if there weren’t enough skin benefits, jasmine also helps get rid of dandruff on the scalp. Owing to its natural antiseptic properties, jasmine oil helps eliminate dandruff and dry patches on the scalp. It also helps reduce the itchiness and redness of the scalp. Jasmine also helps prevent infections. It also helps in hair growth as it promotes the restoration of hair follicles.
Jasmine oil is not just famous for its alluring scent. It is incredibly beneficial to the skin and is used as an ingredient in a moisturizer for oily skin in India. It also helps improve our mood. It is also believed to help balance hormonal changes. The calming smell of jasmine also helps in busting our stress. The calming and alluring aroma of jasmine also provides relaxation and helps in sleeping.
You May Also Read:
An Unconventional Guide on Carrot Seed Oil and Its Benefits on Skin!
Here’s How You Can Take Great Care of Your Combination Skin!